Following a reservoir draw-off pipe survey of an aging and critical
asset, it was determined that the pipe had to be decommissioned
by permanently filling it with concrete. De-watering the reservoir
was not an option and a costly attempt to locally dam
the outlet had resulted in a catastrophic failure rendering access
to the outlet structure in the reservoir impossible.
To make matters all the more challenging, the site was under the
close scrutiny of the SEA who placed a zero-water loss tolerance
on the project.
Driven by our Clients needs, we designed and built a unique system
that allowed us to fill around 100m of the pipe with circa 28m3
of structural grade micro-concrete from the downstream end of the
pipe, with no-water loss.
Benefits of the system Include:
- Minimal environmental impact
- No requirement for de-watering
- No requirement for reservoir shut down
- No requirement for costly piling
- Controlled expansion ensures a perfect seal with a structural